This recipe is packed full of veggies and has a ton of protein to really hit the spot.
|¾ Cup||chopped & grilled zucchini and tomatoes|
|5 spears||grilled asparagus|
|1/2||small onion, chopped|
|1 Cup||egg whites|
|2 Tbsp||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1.5 Tbsp||thinly sliced fresh basil|
|½ tsp||each, salt and pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Red Kelly’s Basil & Garlic dressing|
|¼ Cup||low fat feta|
- Grill Zucchini, tomatoes and asparagus to desire and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Melt butter in non-stick skillet set on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium-high, spread onion mixture in pan. Add and smooth the egg mixture over the onions – cooking for 1 minute. Toss grilled vegetables with basil & garlic dressing then arrange over half of the omelette. Arrange the feta over the other half of the omelette
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden – the centre should be slightly soft. Fold feta side over vegetable side and serve.
Makes 2 serves